Energy Studies Research
Energy is essential to our way of life, and Energy Studies examines how we can make best use of our energy resources to get the services we need in a sustainable manner.
We have a number of areas of research expertise, including energy efficiency in commercial and residential buildings, energy efficiency in industrial processes, design of industrial drying processes and electricity supply modelling, among others.
- Current student research
- Completed student research
- Energy and Housing in Dunedin (including student housing case study)
- National housing upgrade project
- Industrial drying and heat pumps
- Recent staff publications, full listing (for selected publications, see individual staff pages)
We also possess controlled environment chambers, used for thermal performance testing of materials.