Colin Fox's travel calendar
"Travel narrows the mind":
Konrad Oscar Pollard
- NOLTA13 -- The 2013 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications (NOLTA2013) Santa Fe, USA, September 8–12, 2013
Workshop on Statistical and Computational Methods for Inverse Problems
arising in (O, P or S) Differential Equations. 1-3 August 2013, CIMAT, Guanajuato, MEXICO.
- SIAM: 2013 SIAM Annual Meeting (AN13), July 8-12, 2013 San Diego.
- Large-Scale Inverse Problems and Quantification of Uncertainty: Big Data Meets Big Models -- Santa Fe, New Mexico, May 22-24, 2013
- SUQ'13 -- Southern Uncertainty Quantification 2013 (SUQ'13) January 7-9(10), 2013. University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- ENZCon 2012
-- The nineteenth Electronics New Zealand Conference (ENZCon 2012),
University of Otago on 10-12 December 2012. (Tim and I organised.)
Poster: Swap moves for MCMC applied to EIT
- Tucson, AZ, 20 Nov-26 Nov, 2012. Visiting Juan Restrepo in the Mathematics Department, University of Arizona.
- Montana, 8-19 Nov, 2012. Department of Mathematical Sciences, The University of Montana (hanging with John Bardsley) (talk: Polynomial acceleration of MCMC and the special case of sampling from Gaussians) and Montana State University (Albert E. Parker) talk: Monitoring milk-powder dryers via Bayesian inference in an FPGA
- Department of Mathematical Sciences at NTNU, Trondheim, 1 Nov - 6 Nov, 2012. Talk: Polynomial acceleration of MCMC (visiting Jo Eidsvik and examining the PhD thesis of Erlend Aune)
- SPIE conference on Image Reconstruction from Incomplete Data,
12-16 August 2012 • San Diego Convention Center • San Diego,
California, United States. Invited presentation: A Gibbs sampler for conductivity imaging and other inverse problems
- Warwick Mathematics Institute (visiting Andrew Stuart & co) and St Peters Oxford (visiting Geoff Nicholls) 4 July - 30 July, 2012
- Paris, TÚlÚcom ParisTech (visiting Eric Moulines & group) 1 July - 3 July 2012. Talk: Polynomial accelerated MCMC
- ISBA 2012, Kyoto Terrsa, Kyoto Japan, 25th - 29th June 2012. Presentation: Polynomial acceleration of Gibbs sampling for inverse problems
- SIAM Conference on Uncertainty Quantification
- April 1, 2012 05:00PM- April 5, 2012 03:00PM (why do they put times?) Raleigh, North Carolina 27601 USA
- MCQMC 2012 February 13 - 17, 2012, Sydney, Australia (just over the ditch)
- I have decided not to go to: Isaac Newton Institute for
Mathematical Sciences programme on Inverse
Problems, 25 July - 21 December 2011, even though they
offered to throw money at me (yes, that is a sort of apology,
but then the choice is between Purakaunui or Cambridge at Christmas -- no real choice there!).
- ENZCon2011 The 18th Electronics New Zealand
Conference, 21-22 November 2011, Palmerston North (aka Balmy Palmy), New Zealand
- November 4-5 I will be in Graz, Austria. Then November 6-16 I will be in Finland, first Aalto University
(which would be the Helsinki University of Technology if the Finns
didn't have a habit of changing the name of everything), then Lappeenranta University of Technology
- SKA: Rutherford Innovation Showcase - 22nd to 23rd September - Wellington, New Zealand
- 18 – 22 July, 2011, ICIAM
2011 Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Monday 13 June - Monday 27 June, 2011, visiting Andrew Stuart (Warwick Mathematics Institute)
and Gareth Roberts (Statistics) at Warwick University
- June 6 - June 10, 2011 (Monday through Friday), Institute
for Mathematics and Its Applications (IMA) workshop "Large-scale
Inverse Problems and Quantification of Uncertainty" at the
University of Minnesota
- I am likely to go to: 82nd Annual Scientific
Conference of GAMM (International Association of Applied
Mathematics and Mechanics) in Graz, Austria, April 18 - 21, 2011.
- 3 - 7 January, 2011: AdapSki
- I could not make it to ENZCon2010
17th Electronics New Zealand
Conference, 22-23 November 2010, Hamilton, New Zealand
(just one conference too far)
- Workshop on Mapping Out Future
Directions for Uncertainty Quantification in Scientific Inference
held in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, November 4-6, 2010.
- International Symposium on
Sustainability in Acoustics ISSA 2010, conjoint with
the New Zealand
Acoustical Society (NZAS) Conference, 29-31 August
2010, Aotea Centre, Auckland.
The 5th SKA Workshop on
Calibration and Imaging, Dwingeloo, The Netherlands, 23 to 26 August,
SIAM Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh,
USA, 12 to 16 July, 2010.
- The ISBA
2010 World Meeting in conjunction with the Ninth Valencia
International Meeting on
Bayesian Statistics, June 3 to 8, 2010, Benidorm, Spain.
2010: Pathways to SKA Science in
Australasia, AUT University, Auckland, February 16-18, 2010
: NZIMA workshop on Statistical Inference and Partial
Differential Equations, January 18-20,
2010, University of Otago, Dunedin, New
Previous years: 2009 & 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
Links: currency: xe, yahoo, oanda booking: travelocity expedia what's the time? timeanddate, head back to my home page
Last modified: May 2013